While entering a batch of business cards into my system (I seem to collect over 40 cards a month!), I found a link to this article (in French) about Martine Deschamps of Syneraction Management, a family business transition coach (link to website):
Qualities to look for in a great business coach
(or qualities necessary to be a great business coach) :
- The coach understands what it means to lead and manage a business
- The coach listens, is curious and asks alot of questions
- The coach is human, dynamic and available
- The coach has a great capacity to analyze and make calls
- The coach is diplomatic to temper the discussions
- The coach has an open mind and can collaborate on the human and business level
- The coach is humble, (s)he does not for him but to help
- The coach has leadership and can influence
- The coach aims for the autonomy of the future leaders (s)he coaches
- The coach leverages his/her contacts to add value for his/her clients.
- The coach researches and knows a significant amount of relevant about the industry of his/her clients
I like to think that I aim to live these principles, and I certainly look for these characteristics in the business coaches that I hire to help me win at my Big Game…
What do you think? Am I living up to these standards, in your experience of me?